In April 2016, Mercy Health Hackley received a coveted Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care designation from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. Hospitals receiving this award based on multiple factors, such as:
• Caring for early term infants who face higher risks of infant death and respiratory ailments, including respiratory distress syndrome, pneumonia and respiratory failure
• Caring for babies who have a higher rate of admission to Neonatal Intensive Care Units.
• Employing evidence-based practices of care
• Initiating programs to promote successful breastfeeding
• Have been found to be at least 20 percent more cost-efficient
Congratulations to all colleagues who made this designation possible.