Grand Rapids, Mich. (March 12, 2020) – Mercy Health has announced new hospital visitor restrictions, effective immediately, in our efforts to help limit the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease).
The health and well-being of our patients, their families, and of the communities we serve is our top priority. In accordance with this, we are following the most recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) COVID-19 recommendations and are acting with an abundance of caution to ensure we do not elevate the risk of exposure to the virus for our colleagues, physicians, patients or community members.
In order to accommodate this guidance, effective immediately, Mercy Health is instituting the following visitor restrictions:
- One visitor per patient at a time
- No visitors under 14 years of age
- Do not visit if you are sick
All visitors should:
- Wash their hands with soap and water frequently, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Use a tissue to cover any coughs and sneezes
- Assess their own health, and if at risk for illness or have any symptoms, stay home
For up-to-date information, visit www.MercyHealth.com/Health-and-Wellness/Coronavirus.