Peanut Butter Cookies
Lisa McDowell – Team USA
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dark chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Fold in almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Roll dough to form 1-inch balls and place two of them side by side on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Use a fork to gently press down on each ball to form a crisscross pattern with fork tines.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool.
Optional: Drizzle with melted chocolate or add a dark chocolate kiss to the center of the cooled cookie. Sprinkle with sea salt. Can also make a peanut butter sandwich with your favorite filling (frozen yogurt, vegan ice cream, etc.).