Mercy Health Saint Mary’s colleagues now have a new space to relax and refresh with the opening of the Colleague Wellness Lounge.
The lounge officially opened for colleagues on Monday, March 21 with a dedication and blessing.
“We are thrilled to have this new space for colleagues to enjoy,” said Matt Biersack, MD, president of Mercy Health Saint Mary’s. “Our teams give so much of themselves because they believe in our Mission and care deeply for those we serve. The Wellness Lounge is one way we can help heal our healers. We hope colleagues find this a space that helps them relax and restore.”
Construction on the new space started in early January and is located on Level Two of the main hospital in the former vending room between the information desk and elevators.
The Colleague Wellness Lounge was made possible thanks to gifts to the Saint Mary’s Foundation.
“There is no better gift than a gift that rewards our colleagues for the tiring work and dedication that they put in day in and day out,” said Michelle Rabideau, president of the Saint Mary’s Foundation. “We are so happy to have this new area with fresh features and amenities for all to enjoy.”
Studies have found that breaks can reduce or prevent stress, help to maintain performance throughout the day, increase energy, and reduce the need for a long recovery at the end of the day.
Some highlights of the new space include:
- New relaxing massage chairs
- Aromatherapy amenities
- New specialty infused water
- Vending machines with healthy snacks
- Healing environment with frosted windows, new flooring, and neutral wall colors
- Artwork donated by George Peebles
- Badge access for colleagues only
- Live plants to enhance air quality and support a healing environment
- iPads equipped with mindfulness and breathing apps, stress-relieving games, and headphones
- Yoga mats for stretching
- Therapeutic coloring books and pencils